Terre des hommes Hellas is seeking to recruit an Office Cleaner.
Terre des hommes Foundation, a member of the International Federation Terre des hommes, is the largest international child rights NGO in Switzerland established over 60 years ago. We operate in over 35 countries with over 100 projects of development aid and emergency impacting over 3 million beneficiaries annually. In Europe our direct assistance projects, strengthening systems and advocacy activities are primarily focused in the areas of access to justice and migration. Terre des hommes has seven offices established in Europe (Albania, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo, Moldova, Romania, and Ukraine) and is also engaged in projects with partners from other European countries and beyond.
The cleaner will work in the office of Athens under the direct supervision of the HR Officer. S/he will ensure the maintenance and cleaning of all areas in the office.
- Ensure the office is properly cleaned, disinfected and ready for all activities.
- Undertake cleaning duties as required and make sure all spaces are regularly cleaned (for example weekly cleaning of windows, daily cleaning of toilets, daily cleaning of all door handles, kitchen etc)
- Establish a comprehensive cleaning schedule for the office based on the needs.
- Store and maintain all cleaning equipment and consumables, as well as kitchen supplies. in a safe and clean manner
- Report any repair needs identified in a timely manner.
- Place any requests for purchases of cleaning and kitchen equipment/material in a timely manner giving two weeks’ time before the desired delivery date.
- Report any signs of dangerous/illegal activity in the Tdh office.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with those of a cleaner
- Comply with Tdh Code of Conduct & Child Safeguarding Policy
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding information and data of Tdh staff and beneficiaries at all times.
Education / Qualifications: High school degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience with an NGO will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Languages: Fluent in Greek and/or English. (Oral and written)
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV in English or Greek to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Office Cleaner, your name and surname” in the subject line of the application email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.
Child Safeguarding Policy:
To commit to respect Tdh Risk Management Policies including Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption Policy, Whistle Blowing Policy.
By sending your application, you agree that your personal data will be used in the recruitment process. All the documents we will request in different steps of the recruitment process will only be used for this purpose. All staff involved in recruitment and selection are aware that data protection rules apply, and that personal information will be treated confidentially. According to our policy, we will keep your application documents for the period of the recruitment only.